zondag 31 januari 2010

Daisy Do No Coffee

Hi guys! When I got my I-don’t-know-how-manyth cup of coffee from the machine at work this week, I knew what my next focus of the month should be. I really have to cut back on coffee intake on work days. First of all, because too much coffee is just not good for you and second because that coffee is just plain groce. It’s only doable because I drink it with milk powder and artificial sweeter (I know, that’s even worse for me).

My problem is that I just seem to need the caffeine kick it gives me, because I just find myself in a dip somewhere during the morning and again in the afternoon. Another problem is that once I start on the coffee I don’t switch back to tea or water. This easily results in over 5 cups a day..and in an upset stomach.

Now, I do not want to cut coffee out of my life entirely, but it should be reduced. But I would be happy if I manage to drink only 2 cups a day and maybe even reduce to 1.

So, Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you the new focus of the month:

Daisy Do No Coffee!

 

coffee_2

Image edited from the original found here

The rule is: max 2 cups of coffee a day, but preferably only 1.

Here is how I am trying to make this work:

- Go to bed in time. No being sleep deprived should help a lot. Try to get 7.5 hours a night and take powernaps after work if needed.
- Have good alternatives available: put a bottle of water on my desk, have my favorite tea flavors available
- Tell my roommates of the challenge
- If I stick to the rule, I can buy one of those delicious coffees from the coffee bar downstairs on Friday afternoon.

In other news, I went partying with a bunch of girls Friday night and am still very tired. I am really getting old…not because I am still tired because I have always had that since I started going out to bars, but because everyone in those bars is so young!
Anyway, to start of the focus of the month well…and not fail the first day already…I am going to bed now!

Good night everybody!

How much coffee do you drink each day? Do you consider that too much?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten