vrijdag 25 september 2009

Funny kid

I want you to know that I am not a kids' person. Sometimes I find them cute and interesting, but more times I find them highly annoying. I am sorry, I can't help it, but I think I am just missing the mother gene or someting, or maybe it is not activated yet. I do consider myself kind of an average person, living my life like most people do: grow up, get education, get a decent job, find a partner, get married (still working on this, but at least I have the aspiration to do so). So I still expect to wake up some day wanting to have babies. But to this date no such thing has happened, nada, zip, nothing. To be honest, I get those freaked out feelings when I think about having a kid. I can imagine having them some day, but I can even better imagine life without them. So I guess I will just have to wait and see if some day I am ready for it or not. I don't have to decide yet, do I? Because after all, they say that even though you are not so fond of children you still always love your own and that at some point you have this biological time bomb etc. In the mean time I am just enjoying my kids-free world, especially when you encounter them in some hilarious situation. Below one funny moment that happened last week:

I am standing in the elevator, together with a couple and their daughter of about 3 years old. Mom and Dad are talking and Daughter is just looking around. Then when we almost reach their floor Daughter points to Dad's belly that is hanging over the waist band of his pants and out of the blue she says:
"Daddy fat belly!?!"
Dad mumbles something like "yeah, that is because daddy was injured and spent 3 months on the couch'' before they hurry out of the elevator...

I love it when kids speak the truth and just say what they think! It was so funny! Have you ever been in a situation where a child's, sometimes brutal, honesty made you smile?
And a more serious question: How do/did you know you want/wanted to have kids some day?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten