maandag 10 mei 2010

Weekly review

Let’s see what happened last week:

 Monday

I forgot to write it down, and now I forgot…

Tuesday

It was memorial day, we have 2 min of silence and remember all the victims of WWII. After that I went swimming with a friend, like I do every other week. We had fun catching up and chatting away the whole time.

Wednesday

After reminiscing on the victims of war, today we celebrated the Liberation of the country after WWII, but also freedom in general. I went on a bike ride in the morning, my first ride with hills. Man, was that hard! I never felt my quads burning like that. After the bike ride I was pooped for the rest of the day, so we ended up staying at home relaxing together instead of going to one of the Liberation Festivals.

Thursday

I worked at home  an extra day because the Boyfriend needed the car. It was nice sitting at my ‘new’ desk all by myself for the first time, but I did not get a lot done. But today was the day I came up with the Chronicles of a PhD candidate idea!

Friday

Back to work again, not very much else interesting going on.

Saturday

I went for another bike ride in the afternoon. It was kind of windy and not sunny at all, but it was lovely nevertheless. At first I had a hard time, because I had a set pace in my mind, but once I let that go, I could just enjoy the ride and the scenery. I biked the wrong way and ended up doing 56 instead of 49k. As if it wasn’t enough of a challenge already! You might be wondering what it is with me biking so much all of a sudden. I’ll tell you soon!

At night the Boyfriend and I went out for dinner and a movie with my brother, Ruud. We went to a tapas restaurant and the food was really good. Too bad we had to wait for it for sooooo long. It really cost them their tip. They were so slow serving the food that we didn’t even have time for dessert anymore because the movie was about to start. We walked back to the cinema and watched Kick-Ass. That movie was so funny! It was a lot more violent than I thought it would be, but I was very good.

Sunday

Today was Mother’s Day, so as a good daughter we  went to visit my parents. My sister was there too and we had a good time hanging out. Didn’t do much else, except of course watch several house episodes.

Oh, and I sported my vest today, which I have meant to show to you for some time now.

P4070077

I made it myself! It is double layered tricot; the top layer is a little shorter than the bottom layer. Oh, sorry that it’s a bit blurry, the Boyfriend does not have a steady hand. And oh, nevermind the mess in the back. We still have to put back our dead plants on the balcony, from when it was painted a while ago. (the green one is fake…)
Here is another one that is a bit more clear. Nevermind the crazy face. It’s so annoying how many pics you have to shoot before you have one that’s decent, let alone perfect. P4070078

And yes, I have purple shoes!!

To come back to the topic of perfect and decent photos: I refuse to pretend that I am perfect, so you’ll have to be ok with the decent ones that sort of show what I really look like. As far as you can see that frozen in a picture anyway.

I’ll leave you with the best picture of the set: a close-up that turned out good because I didn’t look at the camera haha. And you can admire how well I did on the stitching of the garment, lol.

P4070080

Have a great night!

Do you have pictures of yourself that scare the living daylights out of everyone? What did you do with them?

I have plenty, and I got rid of some of them, but family is holding several of them hostage, probably will use them against me on my wedding or something… :P

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten