woensdag 9 juni 2010

Breakfast pie

The other day I made myself a special breakfast. I actually made it again today, which reminded me to make post about it.

P4180020

I saw the recipe here and adapted it a little. I used a kiwi instead of strawberries. Next time I would probably pick a sweeter fruit because they didn’t really match very well to the taste of the rest of the bowl. Today I used pineapple and it tasted much better! I also think coffee flavor would probably taste good.

Here is what I did:

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 kiwi or something like that, chopped up
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • baking powder, just a pinch
  • 1/2 cup milk (divided in two equal parts)
  • 1 1/4  cup Frosties

Directions:

Mix flour, baking powder and half of the milk and use it to marinate the fruit. Put it in an oven-proof bowl. Then, crush the frosties in a plastic baggie and mix it with the rest of the milk. Add a little more milk if necessary to make it chunky. Spread over the fruit. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 min in a preheated oven at 210C. Remove foil for the last 4 minutes to let it brown. Enjoy!

It was like a breakfast pie! It was really good and I am definitely going to make this again in the near future! It is a little bit time consuming but it’s worth it on days I feel like I deserve something special.

 P4180017

ps: Sorry for the bad light in the pictures. It was kind of hard with the sun shining through the window and I am too lazy to photoshop them.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten