donderdag 30 juli 2009

The persuit of happiness



As I said before work was a disaster today. Before going home I went to my parents' place because I'm taking care of their cat until Sunday. The cat was very happy and came to cuddle with me for a while. I felt bad because I couldn't stay with him long. But after I gave him his food he ate and then took off outside...:S

I went home and did some work on my blog and read my other favorite blogs. So far for my very interesting day.
But I did come up with a theme for my blog finally. I was playing around with the theme of happiness, because for me that's the most important thing there is in life. I think part of my restlessness (is that a word? lol) comes from me not being entirely happy with my life how it is now. Not that I am unhappy now, I just think it can be better: I'm in for nothing less than bright and shiny!


Photobucket

So I decided I am going to use this blog to figure out what happiness means. What are the things that make me happy? And I don't mean that in a very spiritual way, even though I do think spirituality has to do with it. I am talking about mainly everyday things. How do I achieve those things? How do I design my life?

Having studied psychology my interest in happiness is kind of logical. In the end everything is about well-being/happiness. Psychology is the study of human behaviour and I think most of everybody's behaviour is driven by the desire to be happy, or at least what you think makes you happy.

So here are some of the things that make me happy:

sun




warmth

feeling good about myself






cats
Kindness















feeling rested



feeling healthy


creativity
balance
love

Sorry, for the mess, I still dont understand a lot about html code yet,but I prefer this over everything lines up underneath eachother.

So, this is all pretty straightforward and obvious. But the thing is to incorporate all these things in you life in such a way that you feel good about it. For instance, I can make sure that all of this is in my life, but if I force myself to do/have all of that, chances of getting a burn out are higher than those of happiness. It's not realistic to try and make your life perfect. It will only make you miserable. It's all about balance and priorities and that is what I find difficult: what do I prioritize?I am pretty much done thinking about this for now though. I will not have the answers tonight anyway. I will have to learn trough trial and error. I will start with one living after one balanced goal each month. The first one, which I have already been working on: getting rested.

I am going to finish off with one other thing I did find out:My career is not as important in my life as I thought it was/would be.

What are the things that make you happy?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten